5 Royal Crescent, Glasgow G3 7SL Telephone: 0141 331 6650 SMS: 07860018421

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)

Latest News

  • Office Closure 23rd - 28th May – Read More
  • Office Closure - 6th May – Read More
  • Spring 2024 Newsletter & Colouring Competition – Read More
  • Easter Weekend Office Closure – Read More

We take complaints of anti-social behaviour and neighbour nuisance seriously and we are committed to taking quick and effective action.

What is Anti-Social Behaviour?
Anti-Social Behaviour is defined under the Anti-Social Behaviour, etc (Scotland) Act 2004 as where a person:

Acts in a manner that causes, or is likely to cause alarm or distress, or
Pursues a course of conduct that causes, or is likely to cause alarm or distress to at least one person who is not in the same household.

Anti-social behaviour should be considered as falling into three types:

Category A 
These relate to extreme forms of anti-social behaviour, and includes certain types of criminal behaviour such as drug dealing. Although behaviour which is criminal in nature is the responsibility of the police, we may also be able to take action if a breach of tenancy has occurred.

Category B 
These relate to serious and frequent disturbances and includes vandalism, graffiti and harassment.

Category C 
These relate to nuisance behaviour. Examples include infrequent disturbances, boundary disputes, behaviour of small children.

What should I do if I am affected?
Contact the office and discuss the matter with our staff. We will listen to your problem and try to give you the best advice and support as to how the matter can be effectively resolved. It is important to do this at an early stage, before a minor dispute escalates. It is also important to clarify that staff never give out any complainant’s details. So when an issue arises you can speak to us in full confidence in the knowledge that your identity will always be protected.

What Action Can GWHA Take?
There are several courses of action we can take depending on the problem. It is important that we are quickly made aware of any problem so we can establish the facts during our investigation and take early action.

Staff may initially suggest that the best way to prevent escalation of a problem is to talk the issue through with your neighbour before involving us. For relatively minor disputes between tenants, advice or a limited form of intervention by us may be all that is required to resolve the problem.

In certain situations, mediation might also be considered by staff if this. In severe cases, or where persistent problems occur, we can take an offending tenant to court with the possibility of seeking a decree for eviction. 

What if my neighbour is not a tenant?
We do not have the same powers to take action against owner occupiers and tenants of other landlords. Nonetheless we can still provide advice and support to assist resolving the problem.

The Police, Glasgow Community Relations Unit and Environmental Health Department will also give you advice and assistance regarding anti-social behaviour.

Pay your rent
Online Tenant Account
Emergency Numbers
Compaints and Comments
Report a Repair
Fire Safety
Scottish Housing Regulator
Apply for a house

Glasgow West Housing Association
5 Royal Crescent
G3 7SL

CALL: 0141 331 6650
Repairs: 0141 331 6652
Tenancy: 0141 331 6651

Phone: 0141 331 6650
Repairs: 0141 331 6652
Tenancy: 0141 331 6651

Fax: 0141 331 6679
SMS: 07860018421
Office Hours & Public Holidays
Find Us on the map


Terms & Conditions

Glasgow West Housing Association ©
All Rights Reserved | Admin Only

Registered with the Scottish Housing Regulator HEP 126. Registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act (2014): 1955 RS.
Registered as a Scottish Charity SC001667.