Fire Action Advice for Multi-Storey Flats
May we take this opportunity to remind you of the actions to take in the event of a Fire.
CHECK YOUR SMOKE ALARMS REGULARLY, REPORT ANY FAULTS IMMEDIATELY TO GLASGOW WEST REPAIRS TEAM ON TELEPHONE NUMBER 0141 331 6650.
• We have a “STAY PUT” policy agreed with the Fire Service. This means that unless the fire is in your flat you should stay in the flat. If there is a need to evacuate the Fire Service will supervise this.
• If you discover a fire raise the alarm immediately by telephoning 999 and ask for the Fire Service. Then notify GWHA Staff at the Concierge Office.
• If the fire is in your flat, then get out immediately taking all other occupants with you, then telephone 999.
• Close all doors and windows on the way out if safe to do so.
• Do not use lifts.
• If a smoke alarm goes off and there is not a fire in your flat, don’t open any doors that feel warm, get everybody in one room and close the door. Telephone 999.
• If possible seal the bottom of the door with wet towels, bedding etc.
• If you are near the window open it to get air and to let emergency services see you.
Things to check at night before you go to bed
• Close all internal doors to stop a fire from spreading.
• Switch off electrical heaters, blankets, TVs etc. and other items that do not need to run all night.
• Put out cigarettes and any candles safely.
• Make sure exits are clear.
• Keep door and window keys where everybody can find them
Glasgow West Housing Association
5 Royal Crescent
Phone: 0141 331 6650
Repairs: 0141 331 6652
Tenancy: 0141 331 6651
Registered with the Scottish Housing Regulator HEP 126. Registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act (2014): 1955 RS.
Registered as a Scottish Charity SC001667.
For authorised staff users only.