Glasgow West Housing
Association Limited

5 Royal Crescent
G3 7SL
Phone:  0141 331 6650
Fax:      0141 331 6679


Find Us on the MAP

GWHA takes any complaints of anti-social behaviour and neighbour nuisance seriously and is committed to taking quick and effective action.

What is Anti-Social Behaviour?
Anti-social Behaviour is defined under the Anti-social Behaviour, etc (Scotland) Act 2004 as where a person :-375_asb2.png

Acts in a manner that causes, or is likely to cause alarm or distress, or
Pursues a course of conduct that causes, or is likely to cause alarm or distress to at least one person who is not in the same household.

By way of a guide, anti-social behaviour should be considered as falling into three types:-

Category A complaints relate to extreme forms of anti-social behaviour, and includes certain types of criminal behaviour such as drug dealing. Although behaviour which is criminal in nature is the responsibility of the police, we may also be able to take action if a breach of tenancy has occurred.

Category B complaints relate to serious and frequent disturbances and includes vandalism, graffiti and harassment.

Category C complaints relate to nuisance behaviour. This includes behaviour which is more of a nuisance than anti-social. Examples include infrequent disturbances, boundary disputes, behaviour of small children.

What should I do if I am affected?
Contact the office and discuss the matter with GWHA staff. We will listen to your problem and try to give you the best advice and support as to how the matter can be effectively resolved. It is important to do this at an early stage, before a minor dispute escalates. It is also important to clarify that staff NEVER give out any complainantís details. So when an issue arises you can speak to us in full confidence that your identity will always be protected.

375_asb1.pngWhat action can GWHA take?
There are several courses of action we can take depending on the problem. It is however important that we are quickly made aware of any problem so we can establish the facts during our investigation and take early action.

In severe cases or where persistent problems occur we can take an offending tenant to court with the possibility of seeking a decree for      eviction to end the tenancy. However, for relatively minor disputes between tenants, advice or a limited form of intervention from the               Co-operative may be appropriate and all that is required to resolve the problem.

Mediation might also be considered by staff if this is felt to be appropriate. This is where problems are discussed and resolved by all parties round the table. Staff might also suggest that the best way to prevent escalation of a problem may be to talk a problem through with your  neighbour before involving the Co-operative.

What if my neighbour is not a tenant?
GWHA may be restricted in the action we can take against owner occupiers and tenants of other landlords. Nonetheless we can provide advice and support to assist resolving the problem.

It may, for instance, be appropriate to consider the involvement of Strathclyde Police, Glasgow Community Safety Services and Environmental Health Department and we will give you advice and assistance where we can in these cases.


AGM 2018

Our AGM took place on 25 June 2018, please see here for an update on the event and news that Linda Reid, Chief Executive will be retiring.

Annual Account 2017/18

Please click here to view the 2017/18 annual accounts